Monday, April 14, 2008

Still Winter

So bright, (with all this snow & sunlight) We GOTTA wear shades
Though last year's early spring was a fluke, and it's normal to have cold and snow this late into the year, it still feels like it's time to be melted. I love all the great light (till 10:30 pm), but I miss the warm, muddy breezes of spring -- that probably most of you in the lower 48 are experiencing already.

But we still manage to go out and have fun -- here are some pictures of our walk with the puppies Sunday evening.

Esther and Fancy lookin' pretty at the top of the playground slide
How can you rock on a rocking toy when the snow is up to the bottom? Ha ha. Esther managed. :)

2 comments:

Bill Taylor said...

Hi Cate and Esther,

My name is Bill Taylor and my wife, Deb Dahl and I were teachers in Hooper Bay from 1980 - 1990. Both of our children were born there (actually in Anchorage)and I just wanted to say hello and say how much I apprecated your blog and all the pictures. The village sure has changed a lot since we left. It looks like in one of your pictures the 5-plex teacher housing is still standing... is that correct? Can I ask who Esther's dad is? My wife was the kindergarten teacher for 8 of our 10 years there and it seems like either I or Deb would have had Tuluk in class. I was the Basketball coach there for 10 years and I would love to get in contact with some of my former students. I'll close now and if you would like to please email me at dahltaylor@yahoo.com

Thanks and keep up the blog. I really enjoy it.

Bill Taylor

Bill Taylor said...

Hello Cate and Esther,

My name is Bill Taylor and my wife Deb Dahl and I were teachers in Hooper Bay from 1980-1990. Deb mostly taught Kindergarten and I was the H.S Math and PE teacher along with being the boys. I tried posting another comment a bit ago and I am unsure if it went through or not so I figured I'd try another one after I logged into google.

I would love to talk more with you about the village and all the folks. I'm sure there are some people around that will still remember Deb and I. I love all your pictures and the descriptions and stories. Keep it up and please email me at dahltaylor@yahoo.com

Bill

Related Posts with Thumbnails